Eastlawn offers many opportunities for fellowship in all age levels.
The Mamie Kimbrough Circle meets the 2nd Thursday of the month except for July and August. The meeting begins at 11:30 with a pot luck luncheon in the ministry center of the church, except for occasions when the group takes a road trip. After the luncheon, the members enjoy an inspirational program. Every project of the group involves its mission ministry—both local and international.
Below is a sample list of the activities of the group:
• A Call to Prayer and Self-Denial – donations given locally
• Pledge Service – pledges designated for mission ministry
• Homily by Brother Andy and lunch out
• Visit to nursing homes for singing and visiting, followed by lunch out
• Devotion by Robert Weathersby – reading of “Be Who God Created You to Be” and singing
• Luncheon for Pascagoula's First Responders: Police, Firemen, Sheriff's Department, and Acadian Ambulance
• Book Reviews – Sample: Review by Ms. Joy Ezell on Bad Girls of the Bible, by Liz Curtis Higgs
• Mission Ministry Fundraiser – Eastlawn United Methodist Church's 75th Anniversary—glazed ceramic memento
• Operation Christmas Child, sponsored by Samaritan's Purse, a Christian relief organization
• Christmas Party with fellowship and Christmas carols
• Foreign Mission: Bruce Olsen Ministry
• Wedding/Baby Showers
• Caring and Sharing UMW Bake Sale
• Donation to CASA through Pumpkin Patch
New members are always welcome.
The Dolores Engel Circle meets the fourth Monday of each month (except May, June, and July) at 6:00 P.M. in the church parlor. We support missions through conference pledges and on the local level.
The United Methodist Men of Eastlawn meet the first Sunday of each month for a breakfast meeting.